Celebrate the allure of California’s Central Coast at the 2013 Sunset Savor the Central Coast. Nestled midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, this four-day culinary experience will showcase local winemakers, brew masters, chefs, artisanal food purveyors, fishermen, farmers, and entrepreneurs from this unspoiled region.
Sunset magazine experts will guide you through once-in-a-lifetime Adventure Tours for a closer look at sustainable abalone farming, take you behind the walls of Hearst Castle along with intimate vineyard visits and wine tastings. You will have exclusive access to events including Sunset at Hearst Castle where you will sample award-winning wines from Sunset’s International Wine Competition to having dinner at water’s edge at Sunset on the Sand in Pismo Beach. Cap it all off with a culinary experience under the stars in Paso Robles wine country and a run through the streets of downtown San Luis Obispo. From strolling the grounds of the Main Event to exciting Adventure Tours, this weekend is sure to inspire you to explore the bounty of San Luis Obispo County and the Central Coast.
- Demo Stage
- Wine Tasting
- Beer Tasting
Saturday & Sunday
Sip over 200 wines, indulge in culinary bites from over 30 local chefs and learn the latest California lifestyle trends from Sunset’s expert editors in all things food and wine, lifestyle and travel.
Thursday & Friday
Discover the ruggedly beautiful and pastoral regions of San Luis Obispo County through exclusive Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast Adventure Tours. Get first-hand experience in winemaking, abalone farming, and more!
- Blending Peace, Serenity and Spice in the Garden
- Chardonnay: From Grape to Glass with Edna Valley Vineyards
- Experience the Dream at Hearst Castle
- Frolic with Flamingos in Atascadero
- Golf Seaside in Avila Beach
- Lasso the Wild West at the Madonna Inn
- Out in the Field Where the Clydesdales Roam
- Taste of Morro Bay from Land to Sea
- Winemaking in Paso Robles on the Wild Side
Special Events & Dinners
Looking to spend an evening out? Why not have delicious dinners hosted at a vineyard, or at the picturesque Hearst Castle, or a romantic dining experience at sunset by the beach?
Seminars at the Main Event
Chef Central Stage
Saturday, September 27, 2014
- Sunset in the Kitchen 11:30am - 12:15pm Coming Soon!
- Celebrity Chef Fabio Vivani 1:00pm - 1:45pm Coming Soon!
- Celebrity Chef Tanya Holland 2:15pm - 3:00pm Coming Soon!
- American Lamb Board - Lamb Jam 3:30pm - 4:15pm Coming Soon!
Sunday, September 28, 2014
- Create a Real Taste of Mexico with Marcela Valladolid and Jeff Anderson 11:30am - 12:15pm 25.00
- Celebrity Chef Michael Voltaggio of ink. and ink.sack 1:00pm - 1:45pm Sold Out
- Battle of the Bay 2:15pm - 3:00pm 25.00
- Chef Nathan Lyon and Farm to Table Fresh 3:30pm - 4:15pm 25.00
Winemaker Central Stage
Saturday, September 27, 2014
- Journey Through the Paso Robles’ Terroir 11:30am - 12:30pm Sold Out
- Explore the Great Wine Roads of the West 1:30pm - 2:30pm 25.00
- Sunset International Wine Competition 3:30pm - 4:30pm Sold Out